Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gasparilla Children's Parade

Every January, the residents of Tampa turn into pirates for the annual Jose Gasparilla parade. Bayshore Boulevard is invaded by a floatilla of pirates who then parade down the street.
I've been going to the parade as long as I can remember...first when I was a kid eagerly jumping up with my hands wide open for the coveted beads.... and then later in life as a teenager and young adult with my friends.
Not long ago, the parade was getting a little bit too wild for children, so they seperated the festivities into two weekends, the Children's parade was this past Saturday and this weekend is the adult version Gasparilla parade.
This was the first ( of many I hope) Gasparilla for Colin. Evan had the day off and we enjoyed meeting several of our friends and their kids for a day of "Aaarggs"!



No comments:

Post a Comment