Thursday, February 9, 2012

the life of Colin this week..

Colin continues to show me he is understanding more and more. If I say "out" or "outside", he goes to the porch door and reaches up to the door handle. His favorite activity this week has been reaquainting himself with his water table.
I'm so thankful for this mild winter, I CAN NOT imagine living somewhere that does not allow outside activities...in addition to hanging out on the porch, we have been spending a lot of time outside at the playground and wagon rides around the neighborhood.

Last week, Colin transitioned from 2 naps a day to 1. Like everything else in his 13 months, he did it smoothly. I was so nervous that having him up for longer stretches of time would result in some crankiness but he has been completely unphased, so he was definitely ready for it. I have found that 90% of the time my worrying is unfounded :)

More awake time does leave me scrambling for more ways to keep him occupied. After a while we both get bored with toys/ activities at home and like to venture out to story time at the library, music class at Gymboree or play dates with friends.

Colin's new step stool came this week. This will help him with hand washing/teeth brushing at the sink  and teach him how to spell his name.

And I'll leave you with a picture of Colin relaxing with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment