Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's a boy!

There were three things that made me think this baby was a girl:
1) the Chinese calendar said I was having a girl
2) my friend did the "ring test" on me and it predicted a girl
3) Every single time Colin was asked whether he wanted a brother or sister, he'd confidently and enthusiastically reply " Sista!"
I really thought those three things were strong indicators, but alas I was wrong and the biggest indicator to me that I was indeed having another boy is that this pregnancy has been almost the exact same as Colin's....easy. No morning sickness or nausea. Just tiredness in the first trimester that has diminished significantly in my 2nd trimester. I've had many friends who get pregnant for a second time with the opposite sex and have really different pregnancies so that was the biggest thing in the back of my mind that contradicted the other 3.

One different thing about this pregnancy is that I've felt this baby kick much earlier than Colin. I started feeling little kicks at 16 weeks, with Colin it wasn't until 24 weeks. This is because my placenta was anterior with Colin, which provided a barrier to feel the kicks and now my placenta is posterior, which is common after a c section, as implantation would have been hard anteriorly again with the scar tissue on my uterus ( according to Dr. evan)

Now...to think of a name! Such a hard task!






No comments:

Post a Comment