Thursday, September 6, 2012

The terrible two's are here already

 



Yes, he has a smile on his face and loves to run around in the water, but man on man his mood can change FAST. The mind of a toddler is quite a mystery. One second Colin could be laughing, then crying and screaming, then laughing again...all in a minute's time span.  I can handle it 95% of the time, I've learned how to manage him, but then there are nights like tonight. Maybe he could sense I had been distracted these last few days, but he was quite the whiner before dinner. Then, when I sat him in his high chair, he wanted nothing to do with his dinner..NOTHING ( where this stuborness comes from I have no idea), but after many failed attempts and finally letting him out of his seat, he goes straight for the pantry for what he really wants....and thus the epic struggle begins.
Ultimately he went to bed early without dinner, and as soon as I took him upstairs the crying and tantrums stopped and he let me hold him in the rocking chair. The previous 30 minutes melted away and I was so happy to have a tired toddler that just wanted to be loved on and put to bed....now was he tired in the first place and that was the reason for the tantrums/refusal to eat,or did the tantrums wear him out? who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment