Friday, October 4, 2013

Colin and his new bike

At a consignment sale a few weeks ago, I found a used balance bike for Colin for $20, a steal considering I've seen them retail new for $120-$160. I don't think they had balance bikes when I was a kid, but it's basically a toddler sized bike without petals, they use their feet as pedals to build momentum and then glide, which teaches them how to balance on the bike. Colin's favorite thing is to ride his bike around the neighborhood, which he asks to do every afternoon.
Our neighborhood,Hillcrest, you guessed it has many hills, which are fun to go down, but a little challenging to go up but we've found a couple different walks that are more on the flat side. Often times Colin requests to ride to the yellow playground which is a small playground in the courtyard of a neighborhood church,so we will usually stop there half way through our walk for a little play time. I've come to enjoy these walks for the excercise for me, fun for Colin, and to just get a closer look at some of the pretty houses around here. Colin's bike skills continue to improve everyday. I hope to do these walks all year and have been brainstorming how I will continue when Colin's little brother joins us.

Pictures:
Posing on his new bike,playing ball at the yellow playground,stopping to smell some flowers, helping water flowers after our bike ride, and a little video of Colin in action.











No comments:

Post a Comment