Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Soaking it in

All day I find myself being grateful, grateful for free time and for being able to give my whole attention to Colin, because these days are numbered...they'll be back but in about 4 months I'll have a newborn. I run scenarios through my head all day of what I would do with the baby. Mommy needs a shower, where will I put the baby? When Colin was a baby we had a glass shower so I could put him in his bouncy seat and he could still see me, but in this house it's a shower curtain. I spent an hour cooking and cleaning up dinner, what is the baby doing? Hopefully content to sit in his chair or swing watching his big brother play. Nighttime, I'm giving Colin a bath and reading him stories, brushing his teeth and laying in bed with him telling him nighttime stories, where is the baby? Hopefully snuggling his Daddy on the couch. We're out on a bike ride around the neighborhood, what is the baby doing? Hopefully content in his stroller or in the carrier. What if I have to run after Colin on the bike? These are the thoughts going thru my head in a daily basis. Lord please give me a "go with the flow" second baby ( along with a healthy one too of course) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment