Wednesday, October 30, 2013

In the middle of it

I read a quote tonight that went something like this..remember,when you're in the middle of it, there's good on the horizon.
I see babies on tv or in person and get sooo excited at the thought of another little one.
But I'll admit I'm also scared....scared for the hard work I now know a newborn takes, scared of how I will feel if breastfeeding doesn't work out again, scared of the sleep deprivation, scared of having a "hard baby", scared that the postpartum depression will come again, scared ill constantly compare the baby to Colin.
But all those fears? I know this time...there's good on the horizon.
 When you have your first baby, you think they'll be in their current stage forever and if it's a stage you are struggling with, it sucks.
But now I know, if I'm having a bad day, week or month as we adjust to being a family of four, there's good on the horizon. Because those first few months of adjusting to a new baby( or who knows maybe a shorter time since I wont be adjusting to the whole shock of motherhood, I already know what it's all about), well that baby does grow, and if he turns out to bring me as much joy as Colin, there's definitely good on the horizon. I just have to remember when I'm in the thick of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment