Friday, August 19, 2011

Dress up.

I loved dressing up my baby dolls when I was little. Now that I have my very own baby, things haven't changed much!

I have a lot of fun dressing Colin. I'm also very picky about what I put him in. I'm not a big fan of collars on him, nothing that has a sports theme ( with the exception of some gator gear), no cheesy biker  baby stuff, pastels over primary colors....and can I tell you a secret? I have a $5 dollar rule. I won't spend more than $5 on an item of clothing for C. Over the last 7 1/2 months , there has been a lot of spit up and poop that has come out of this boy, so I don't see much point in spending a lot of money on baby clothes. This will probably change as he gets older and ( hopefully) doesn't get as messy but we'll see....sidenot about 2 months ago, Colin pretty much stopped spitting up after each bottle...yay!! no longer have to include a burp cloth as part of my daily outfit!!

I know if we ever have a girl, I may have to raise my rule to $10, because let's face it, girls clothes are soo much cuter than boy clothes!
 Old Navy and the Children's Place have great sales that meet my little rule. Or consigment, oh consignment how I love thee.

Here is a shot of Colin today.
His onesie is Walmart
His shorts are Old Navy.
both were less than $5.




PS Case in point...see that drool on his shirt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment