Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Car rides

"Put that camera away and get me outta here already!"
Colin has a pretty sweet ride when it comes to his car seat. When Colin graduated from the infant carrier, I actually went out and bought a NEW car seat, one that I thought would be just right. No matter how plush the car seat, Colin can be pretty fussy when it comes to car rides. Sometimes I'll just open the car door and he'll start complaining because he knows he's about to get strapped in. Luckily, Colin will still nap in his car seat. But when it isn't nap time and we've got places to go and peoplke to see,I have to be prepared with an arsenal of things to distract him. I will try to time leaving the house around bottle time, which will give me a good 10-15 minutes. I also have a constant supply of Baby Mum Mum crackers in my center console to hand back to him. This may give me another 5 -10 minutes. Of course he has designated car toys, which will on a good day occupy him for maybe 5-10 minutes. Today I can add a new "weapon" to my Mission to Distract Colin in the Car Seat....the cell phone car charger. Yes, this gave me a good 10 minutes today!

Oooh and I can't forget the best distraction of them all...yes, if you are a passenger in my car you are riding in the back seat with Colin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment