Friday, September 30, 2011

9 months!



Colin is 9 months old!! We celebrated with a trip to the doc for some shots ( the medical kind, not the good kind:)
The pediatrician gave Colin an A+! He's a healthy, happy boy developing in all the ways he should be. I learned that Colin already has object permanence, meaning if he sees something he is interested in and you take it away and replace it with something else, he still goes looking for the original object. I've noticed this over the last couple of weeks with him. Apparently this usually happens around 1 year, so he is ahead with that, which is a bit bad for mommy as he is not as easily distracted anymore!
Here are his stats:
Weight: 21lbs 14 oz- 73%tile
Height: 29 inches- 84%tile
Head- can't remember the numbers, but big!! 97%tile
I keep saying it every month, but he really is such a joy. I love spending my days with him. I can't believe he's now been out of my tummy as long as he was in!
When you take a step back and think about how it all starts, from conception to embryo to fetus to little newborn to a giggling happy baby boy, life really is amazing and I feel so blessed to have a him in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment